Artisan Residency Program
Elevate your craft and design career with artisan’s exciting new residency program.
Applications are now open for artisan's exciting new career-changing residency programs. Offering fully-funded residency opportunities for 2 outstanding Queensland craft and design practitioners!
In partnership with Arts Queensland, artisan is delighted to present transformative career opportunities for both emerging and established Queensland practitioners. This innovative program provides a residency and exhibition for two Queensland craftspeople and designers annually, providing them the resources to create new works, hone additional skills and connect with fresh audiences.
1. Emerging Regional Artist Residency
The selected emerging artist from regional Queensland will be supported through an individually designed Brisbane-based program including:
- Travel, accommodation, living costs and material expenses for up to 6 weeks
- Mentoring and career development
- Vocational training
- Curated exhibition at artisan
2. Mid Career and Established Artist Residency
In partnership with the Australia wide craft and design network, the selected Queensland-based mid-career or established glass artist will undertake a fully funded program to travel to a major facility to develop, create and exhibit a new body of work. Focused on state-of-the art facilities and opportunities not available in Queensland, the first established artist residency will take place at Canberra Glassworks in 2024, including:
- Interstate travel to a major partner facility
- Accommodation and living costs for 4-6 weeks
- Studio and material expenses
- Curated Exhibition at artisan