Main Gallery and Small Object Space
17 June - 20 August 2022
Unleashed is a longstanding biennial exhibition project, drawing together a select cohort of early-career Queensland craft and design practitioners and launching their careers. Exploring the convergence between craft and design, Unleashed has been instrumental in launching some of our state's best talent.
This iteration will, for the first time, deliver a co-curated overview from across regional Queensland. An invited curatorial panel of arts educators, curators and practitioners from 5 different regional communities will each nominate one exemplary early career practitioner from their region. artisan staff will work with colleagues from: HOTA, NorthSite Contemporary Arts, University of the Sunshine Coast, Mackay Artspace and University of Southern Queensland.
artisan is please to announce it's 2022 Unleashed artists:
- Chris Miller and Lisa Kajewski STUDIOFLEK (click here) – Gold Coast – nominated by Ruth Della, Curator, HOTA (Home of The Arts)
- Dan Watson (click here) – Sunshine Coast – nominated by Megan Williams manager, University of Southern Queensland Art Gallery
- Ellie Coleman (click here) – Toowoomba – nominated by Dr Beata Batorowicz, Associate Professor, School of Creative Arts, University of Southern Queensland
- Hailey Atkins (click here) – Brisbane – nominated by Cassandra Lehman, curator, artisan
- Kim Nolan (click here) – Cairns – nominated by Ashleigh Campbell, Director, NorthSite Contemporary Arts
- Kate Harding (click here) – Mackay – nominated by Tracey Heathwood, Director, Artspace Mackay
* Further information on the artists can be accessed via "click here" links
image credit: Dr Ellie Coleman, Dark Rituals Magical Relics From The Like Art Spell Book (2018).
View our gallery space in 3D: